HobyClean Laundry Technology 2.0, is the world’s first laundry e-commerce platform offering a 100% marketplace that brings professional laundry service providers/ laundromats closer to their customers online and on-app through the "HobyClean Customer App". HobyClean digitizes and synchronizes the “Front-End of Everything Laundry” for our laundry service provider through our “VENDOR APP". Built-into the Vendor App is the RIDER platform- this enables the laundromats to directly assign riders to specific pick-ups and deliveries directly linking customers while seamlessly managing the customer journey such as:
- the Front-End-Logistics of managing the ordering process- this include receiving the order from customers, tracking the order efficiency through our Service Level Agreements (turn- around time), managing the quantities of items in the order, scheduling of the order pick-up and delivery time, assignment of the order to specific washing laundry outlets, the riders’ management- including pick-up and delivery, laundromats to customers communication, etc. all 100% synch into and done through the HobyClean platform and the mobile apps on iOS and Andriod.
- the Marketing- Targeting- Branding- Expansion of each individual laundromat is synchronized through our platform and Vendor App- laundromats are marketed and identified by their brand names and logos on the platform and apps; as an e-commerce laundry marketplace, by positioning HobyClean into the minds of our customers, we position the various laundromats directly into the hands of customers enabling laundromats to be visible to customers in different locations and to different segments of the market.
- the Convenience of Sales: With HobyClean, laundromats as vendors only accepts 100% online payment during the ordering process in any currency in the world and through debit/credit cards, mobile money, XPAY (individual payment links) or Cash on Pick-Up. Laundromats are no longer concerned with storage of clothes due to non-collection as the platform schedules the pick-up and delivery of laundry enabling the customer to keep track their laundry pick-up date and time.
- the Customer-Is-King: the best part of the platform is the range of features and services it provides to customers bringing convenience- through seamless online ordering, selection of preferred laundry service providers, and multiple payment options with 99.99% point of sales security backed by Amazon Web Services (AWS) providing one of the best e-commerce transaction security protocols in the world.
But in addition to this, the Wash and Fold Service targets individual items including your regular garments, carpets, travelling bags, mosquito nets, curtains, etc. that are processed and returned to you folded.
The Monthly Subscription Basket (as a wash and fold service offered as a monthly subscription) targets individuals, families and businesses especially in the medical and hospitality industries such as hospitals of any size and types, hotels of any size and types (including motels, guest houses, etc.), and spas and restaurants. The Monthly Subscription Baskets come in different sizes and quantity of items based on the size of your family and business with very affordable prices offered at the highest quality in the sector. Under this service, we see reliefs to the working-class families, single parents (single mothers, single fathers), and small businesses affecting their bottom line as they see up to 35% cost reduction in their overheads resulting from 100% savings in laundry labour, laundry detergents bringing nearly 100% laundry accountability: and with significant cuts in utility bills (water and power) while keeping their homes and businesses safe from COVID-19 by reducing physical contacts.
The HobyClean website & Mobile app (iOS or Andriod) allow users to:
- Search services/ service providers in their location
- Choose from multiple service options and preferred currencies of payment
- Select custom pricing plans for Express Shipping
- Select preferred, secure & quick online payment methods
The website loads quickly without any hassles and allows HobyClean users to have a glance at their services to know about "how it works" along three service lines:
LAUNDRY AND DRYCLEAN
Under machine wash, with terms and conditions of our signup agreements, we ensure our 3rd party global laundry service providers apply the highest industry standards including the following steps:
- (a) Clothes are sorted and separated: dry-cleaning, hand-wash only and laundry wash by reading the care label. Separation considers dark colors, colors, pastels and whites. Sorting also considers the type of fabric (cotton, synthetic, delicate, wool) according to required washing temperatures and spin speeds.
- (b) Clothes are prepared: AT THE TIME OF PICK-UP OF THE CLOTHES, CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO ENSURE THAT THEIR POCKETS ARE 100% EMPTY OF ALL ITEMS. HOBYCLEAN AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CUSTOMER'S FAILURE TO DO SO. To avoid damages to clothes; buttons are closed and or zipped, clothes are turned inside out, and a knot is put in duvet covers to prevent them from collecting small laundry items.
- (c) Products are selected: We consider that the particular quentity of laundry product required depend on the load. We note that very delicate fabrics, such as silk or wool, require special care. Where pre-wash stain remover or a bleaching additive is required to remove difficult stains, considerations are made. Fabric conditioner required for softening, reducing drying time, making ironing easier and ensuring pleasant fragrance is encouraged to be applied.
- (d)Dose for water hardness and soil level: We ensure the recommended manufacturer instructions are applied similar to the below:
- (e)Choose appropriate washing programme: We insist that manufacturer’s instruction regarding machine’s operating procedures and recommended cycles, dosing instructions, bleaching additive, water softener or fabric conditioner are applied. We highly recommend eco-setting, and appropriate temperature setting (30 or 40 degrees Celsius usually gives excellent results).
- (f)Drying the clothes: We highly recommend that clothes are dried on the line, preferably outside or in a well-ventilated room to maintain proper quality of the clothes making sure that pegs and clothes-lines are clean. Attach items to the clothes-line by their sturdiest edges; hang tops (T-shirts) from their bottoms, and bottoms (jeans) from their tops; dry white and light items in the sun and bright or dark items in the shade; hang blouses, dresses, scarves and lingerie to dry; use towels to blot excess moisture from sweaters, stockings, delicate underwear; and hang items to dry only if the weight of the water will not stretch them out of shape; otherwise we encourage drying them with a towel on a flat surface. However, if clothes must be dried using tumble dryer, we strongly recommend that manufacturer’s instruction are applied adequately; and dryers are not overloaded.
- (g)Ironing the clothes: Considering that fabrics are different in their sensitivity to heat, we encourage extra care during ironing and adopting to the temperature instructions on the clothes. We recommend that ironing begins with the ‘1 dot’ garments and ends with the ‘3 dot’ garments so as to avoid any damage to the clothes. For instance, we encourage the following:
- (a) One dot: we recommend ironing with a press cloth or ironing the clothes inside out. We call for ironing without steam. But if steam must be used, we call for extreme caution when using steam.
- (b) Two dots: we recommend ironing under a moderately moist cloth. A steam iron may be used, but we call for avoiding heavy pressure.
- (c) Three dots: we recommend ironing whilst damp, treating and if necessary moisten. Shiny or pressure-sensitive pieces are recommended to be ironed with press cloth or inside out. A steam iron may be used. Ironed clothes are recommended to be placed on clothes hangers immediately after ironing.
WASH N FOLD
Under this service, your laundry is picked-up, processed and delivered to you folded. In addition to the recommended standards under Laundry and DryClean, under Wash N Fold, our service providers ensure the following:
- (a) Sort the items by color: keep white and light colors separate from darks and make a separate pile of non-colorfast items.
- (b) Pre-treat stains and heavily soiled areas: Pay close attention to the textile care symbol for bleaching. If bleaching is not allowed (crossed triangle), try the product on a concealed area first.
- (c)Use a light-duty hand-wash detergent: Dissolve it in wash water of the desired temperature before adding the clothes. Let them soak for no longer than 3-5 minutes. Gently squeeze the suds through the fabric, being careful not to rub, twist, or wring excessively. Rinse articles thoroughly in cool water until the water runs clear.
- (d)Take special care with wool and silk - use a wool/silk detergent: Do not soak these articles. Do not squeeze, rub, twist or wring. The rinse water should be the same (lukewarm) as the washing temperature.
- (e)Hang blouses, dresses, scarves, and lingerie to dry: Use towels to blot excess moisture from sweaters, stockings, delicate underwear. Hang these items to dry only if the weight of the water will not stretch them out of shape; otherwise, dry them with a towel on a flat surface.
MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION BASKET
Under this service, you have the opportunity to subscribe to the monthly laundry subscription baskets targeting Families and Businesses (Hotels, Hospitals, Spas, Restaurants, etc.) as follow:
- On the HobyClean Customer App, you select your laundry subscription category (Family or Business)
- Select your subscription basket/plan (take note of the basket description)
- Set your weekly pick-up/delivery schedule (date and time)
- Set your preferred payment (Credit/Debit Card, Mobile Money or Cash on Pick-up)
- Make your order and live the rest of your days in laundry convenience.
Note that the HobyClean Online Laundry Marketplace system will automatically renew your subscription on a regular basis. But you can adjust or cancel your subscription at any time. The change will take effect at the end of your current subscription plan.
Additional Notes: Some of the bleaches, solvents and other solutions used to remove stains may contain allergens. Please read CAREFULLY AND LET THE PICKUP PERSON KNOW PRIOR TO AVOID USE OF SUCH. However, we generally ensure that our service providers:
- (a) Treat spots by hand before placing garments in machines
- (b) Apply required liquid solvents and detergents to remove dirt, oil, and stains
- (c) Thereafter, based on instructions, dry and press to shape while distilling solvents so as to purify.
- (d) Filter, manage and properly dispose of solvent residues as hazardous waste including incineration.